Monday, October 08, 2007

I've been tangoed

Have seen a performance by tango fire last week, but I'm still wondering why this dance doesn't work for me. At it's best it's ice dancing without skates, but most of the times it's just two people swirling around and throwing their legs about. I'm sure tango is exciting for people who dance it, but for me as a spectator, dance is more exciting when dancers can use the whole body from the toes to the finger tips, and don't have to cling to a partner most of the time ? I guess that must be the main reason. Plus, they could have explained a little bit what they were trying to do. The band was great, though, and some of the group choreography was interesting as well.

tango fire are still tangoing the UK until the end of this month ...

No comments: