Monday, October 19, 2009

time for quinces

It's the season for picking quinces and doing something with them -- my infant quince tree has had 8 of them this year, so I made my notorious baked quince dessert the last two weekends. Here's one of the 8 before it got eaten:



Alternatively, people in the UK can also get all things quincy from this company set up by a fellow quince maniac as a retirement project.

PS my two citrus trees are also bearing fruit, but these are a little smaller than usual. lemons just one cm in diameter, oranges maybe 2 cm.

1 comment:

Pearl said...

Quinces!!
So that's what you call them in English. Hah!
I've always known their name in Arabic or described them as the hairy, grainy yellow fruit.
:)
I bet they're delicious!

I like your new header picture too.
Oh, mRNA is reminding me of my upcoming exams................. I should get to it!

Pearl